China Private Tour Guide Service

Site Map
Ethnic Minority Groups in China

Home Page

Contact Us

Beijing Tour Guide

Xi'an Tour Guide

Shanghai Tour Guide

Other Cities Tour Guide

BusinessInterperter Service

Hotel, Ticket,and Car Service

China Shopping Guide

Chinese Food Guide

Night Entertainment

Chinese Culture

Chinese History
Chinese Geography
China Travel Tips

Picture Album

Clients Testimonials

More information

Population of China
China is a multi-national state, which has 56 ethnic groups. According to the statistic figure of 2005, the whole population of china is 1306.28 million. The Han Chinese account for 90.56% of the whole population and the other 55 minority groups account for 9.44%. 51.53% of the population is male and 48.47% of the population is female. 42.99% of the people live in the cities and towns, 57.01% of the people live in the country.
Han Chinese
Han Chinese are the main body of the population in China. They mainly live in the middle and lower reaches of the Yellow River, Yangtze River, and North East China Plain.
55 Ethnic Minority Groups
Although they account for a small percentage of the whole population in China, the 55 minority ethnic groups such as Mongolian, Manchurian, Tibetan, Hui, Uygur, miao, yi, Zhuang, Korean, Dai and etc. They scattered extensively throughout different regions of China. The regions where they are most concentrated are Southwest China, Northwest China and Northeast China. Yunnan Province inhabits 25 ethnic groups. Zhuang Nationality has the largest population (more 16 million) among minority ethnic groups. However, Luoba Nationality only has 3000 people. Most minorities have their own language. Their culture and customs are varied.
China’s policy on Nationality
Equality, unity, mutual help and common prosperity are the basic principles of the Chinese government in handling the relations between ethnic groups. The Constitution of the PRC specifies that all ethnic groups are equal. The state guarantees the lawful rights and interests of the minority peoples. Discrimination against or oppression of any ethnic group is prohibited; any acts that undermine the unity of the ethnic groups or create splittism among them are forbidden. Big-ethnic group chauvinism and ultranationalism are banned. Every ethnic group has the freedom to use its own spoken and written languages, and to retain or change its customs or religions. In accordance with these basic policies, Chinese government practices a system of national autonomy. The minority ethnic groups enjoy a high degree to administer their own affairs. China set up 5 autonomous regions (Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, founded on May 1, 1947; Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, founded on October 1, 1955; Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, founded on March 5, 1958; Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, founded on October 25, 1958; and Tibet Autonomous Region, founded on September 9, 1965).

I am the owner of this web site. I am the professional tour guide in Beijing. If you or your friends need private tour guide service when visit Beijing please contact me. With me you will have an interesting cultural tour and different experience in Beijing. Appreciate you can pass my contact to your friends.
Tour guide Richard
Email: wonderfultravel@263.net
Phone: 0086-13501103837

Climate of China
Administrative Divisions of China
Population and Nationality
Political System and State Structure
Resources of China
China's Economy
China's Foreign relations
China's Education
China's Social Security
China's Transportation system

 

 

 


Mobile:(+86-1350 110 3837) Fax:(0086-10-6585 4230) E-mail: beijingguiderichard@yahoo.com